- 18-Jan-2017 to 30-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Package
Under the supervision of the Transportation Manager and Dispatch Coordinator, a Truck Driver is responsible for daily transportation assignments. You are responsible for timely and successful completion of pick-up and delivery assignments and must assist loading and unloading materials as needed. As a Bedrosians truck driver, you are an integral part to our company's success, whether you are delivering to one of our branches or directly to one of our customers. Bedrosians drivers have the potential to earn excellent compensation and partake in the company's benefits package. If you are ready to take the step in your career, we invite you to apply.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for understanding the difference between field tile and trim as well as identifying product specifications including series, color, size and shape. You are also responsible for identifying products based on their material type such as porcelain, ceramic, slate, travertine, marble, tools, and setting materials. You must also have an understanding of the company branch system and the coordinating branch tag colors.
- Ability to maintain perfect attendance and punctuality
- Ensure timely and successful completion of deliveries
- Unload and load materials
- Work in conjunction with Dispatch Coordinator to ensure successful completion of deliveries
- Follow federal and company safety procedures
- Demonstrate proper driving habits
- Maintain proper paperwork
- Organize and submit required paperwork to Dispatch Coordinator
- Work within the framework of the company's defined policies, procedures, goals, and directives
- Maintain organized, clean, and safe warehouse environment
- Follow proper shipping and receiving protocol
- Efficiently pull, pack, strap, and stage orders
- Load and/or unload OTR trailers
- Receive incoming stock material
- Assist with inventory management and control
- Learn product specifications including their size, color, shape, material and type
- Inspect forklifts and warehouse equipment daily and report any issues to warehouse manager
- Safely operate stand-up reach and sit-down forklift
- Attend all safety meetings and uphold all warehouse safety protocol and instruction
- Work cooperatively in team environment
- Work within the framework of the company's defined policies, procedures, goals, and directives.
- Any other duties required of this position
- Class B license required
- Class A license is a plus
- Slab delivery experiece is a plus
- Excellent attendance at current or previous employment
- Must pass a DOT physical
- Must pass a background check and motor vehicle check
- Must pass a Bedrosians road test
- Must provide valid CDL
- Reliable attendance, punctuality and good time management skills
- Good customer service
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and oral directions
- Ability to read, interpret and follow company policies and procedures, state and federal regulations
- Maintain accurate log book
- Ability to ensure all safety procedures are followed
- Must pass a drug/alcohol test
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Prior warehouse experience is a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Close attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Highly organized and deadline oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive...open to cross training on equipment and functions
Bedrosians is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes, for the health of its employees, a Drug-Free Workplace philosophy. This job posting does not constitute an offer of employment and is not an employment contract. To be considered for this position please submit your application through our Careers page
Benefits: (for full-time employees only): If you are a full-time employee, you may be eligible for fringe benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and to participate in the Company's 401K retirement savings plan. Your eligibility for these fringe benefits are subject to any applicable waiting periods, pre-existing condition or eligibility limitations, and to the other terms and conditions of such plans. The Company reserves the right to change or eliminate these benefits on a prospective basis at any time.
Health coverage, if applicable, will not begin until you have completed one full calendar month of employment. For example, if you begin working at the Company on May 1, 2015, your coverage could begin as early as June 1, 2015. However, if you begin working at the Company on May 16, 2015, the earliest your coverage could begin is July 1, 2015. The terms and conditions regarding health coverage are governed by our annual Benefits packet, which you will receive upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements.
Paid Time Off: (for full-time employees only): You may be entitled to a maximum of ten (10) days of vacation per calendar year (accruing on a pro rata basis), to be scheduled at the mutual convenience of the Company and you, and subject to the terms of the Company's vacation policy, as in effect from time to time. Vacation pay will not begin accruing until you have completed your sixth full calendar month of full-time employment with the Company and worked a minimum of 960 hours (full-time basis). There is a cap on vacation accrual as explained in the Company's vacation policy in the employee handbook. Salaried employees will be entitled to paid Company holidays as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion. Hourly employees may begin receiving paid Company holidays after twelve (12) full months of employment as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion. You will be entitled to paid sick leave in an amount consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law and as explained in the Company's paid sick leave policy in the employee handbook.