- 20-Feb-2017 to 31-May-2017 (PST)
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, and vision benefits package.
The Slab Department Assistant is a reliable asset to the Slab Operations Manager and will work closely with all members of the Slab Department. You are responsible for order entry, purchase order (P/O) receiving , as well as uploading and editing photos for the live slab stock option on the website. You are responsible for providing information about our products including availability, price, applications, limitations, and installation recommendations to customers and vendors alike. You are responsible for maintaining slab warehouse cleanliness and organization through proper communication with the appropriate warehouse staff.
You have an energetic and enthusiastic personality and pay close attention to detail. You take pride in your ability to stay calm under pressure and can adapt with an ever changing environment. You uphold the highest standards of service and aim to please customers, while finding solutions to any issues that may arise.
- Work Cooperatively in a team environment
- Multitask and prioritize work through effective time management
- Assist in inventory cycles
- Find resolutions for inventory issues
- Enter orders, invoice orders, and follow proper pick-up procedures
- Answer phone inquiries including over the phone orders
- Process dealer P/O's
- Process P/O receiving's for incoming slab containers including uploading/editing photos and material locations
- Understand proper shipping and receiving protocol
- Assist outside sales representatives with stock checks, pricing, and processing orders
- Develop basic understanding of design and color
- Willingness to assist with an assortment of administrative tasks, including, but not limited to faxing, scanning, mailing, filing, creating excel spreadsheets, laminating, and labeling
- Work within the framework of the company's defined policies, procedures, goals, and directives.
- Any other duties required of the position
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Phone, email, and computer Skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to use 10-key by touch is a plus
- Excellent and professional phone etiquette
- Moderate/basic skills in Excel, including formula creation and automation
- Very strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Close attention to details with a high level of accuracy
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to ask clarifying questions and explain information accurately and concisely
- Very strong organizational skills
- Self-sufficient and ability to stay busy during down time
- Self-motivated and proactive'willing to take the extra step!
- Desire to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Possess a flexible work schedule
- Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and perseverance
- Overall good attitude and strong work ethic
Bedrosians is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes, for the health of its employees, a Drug-Free Workplace philosophy. This job posting does not constitute an offer of employment and is not an employment contract. To be considered for this position please submit your application through our Careers page.
Benefits (for full-time employees only): If you are a full-time employee, you may be eligible for fringe benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and to participate in the Company's 401K retirement savings plan. Your eligibility for these fringe benefits are subject to any applicable waiting periods, pre-existing condition or eligibility limitations, and to the other terms and conditions of such plans. The Company reserves the right to change or eliminate these benefits on a prospective basis at any time. Health coverage, if applicable, will not begin until you have completed one full calendar month of employment. For example, if you begin working at the Company on May 1, 2017, your coverage could begin as early as June 1, 2017. However, if you begin working at the Company on May 16, 2017, the earliest your coverage could begin is July 1, 2017. The terms and conditions regarding health coverage are governed by our annual Benefits packet, which you will receive upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements.
Vacation and Sick Pay (for full-time employees only): You may be entitled to a maximum of ten (10) days of vacation per calendar year (accruing on a pro rata basis), to be scheduled at the mutual convenience of the Company and you, and subject to the terms of the Company's vacation policy, as in effect from time to time. Vacation pay will not begin accruing until you have completed your sixth full calendar month of full-time employment with the Company and worked a minimum of 960 hours (full-time basis). There is a cap on vacation accrual as explained in the Company's vacation policy in the employee handbook. You will be entitled to paid sick leave in an amount consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law and as explained in the Company's paid sick leave policy in the employee handbook.
Exempt employees will be entitled to paid Company holidays as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion. Non-exempt employees may begin receiving paid Company holidays after twelve (12) full months of employment as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion.