- 20-Feb-2017 to 31-May-2017 (PST)
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, and vision benefits package.
Who You Are
- You pay close attention to detail
- You possess and demonstrate a high level of organization
- You are personable and have the ability to think ahead
- You have an energetic and enthusiastic personality
- You are eager to support both the department staff as well as provide excellent customer service
- You take pride in your ability to stay calm under pressure and can adapt with an ever-changing environment
What You Will Do
- You will be a reliable asset to the Slab Operations Manager and will work closely with all members of the Slab Department
- You will be responsible for order entry, purchase order (P/O) processing and receiving, as well as uploading and editing photos for the website's live slab stock option
- You will be responsible for providing information about our products including availability, price, applications, limitations, and installation recommendations to customers and vendors alike
- You will be responsible for maintaining slab warehouse cleanliness and organization through proper communication with the appropriate warehouse staff
- You will uphold the highest standards of service and aim to please customers, while finding solutions to any issues that may arise
What You Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Professional phone, email, and computer skills
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to ask clarifying questions and explain information accurately and concisely
- Close attention to details with a high level of accuracy
- Very strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to stay busy during down time
- Possess a flexible work schedule, with the ability to work rotating Saturdays
Nice to Have
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to use 10-key by touch
- Moderate/Basic skills in Excel, including formula creation and automation
- Prior experience in the tile and stone industry
Who We Are
In business since 1948, Bedrosians is now one of the nation's premier manufacturers, importers and distributors of ceramic and porcelain tile, decorative and glass mosaics, and natural stone. Our vision is to be the most customer-centric tile company in the United States. Our mission is to offer clients a place to buy the most trend-setting tile and stone products available in the market through a seamless purchasing experience.
Why Work at Bedrosians
- Full time competitive pay
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Company longevity and industry leader
- Thorough new employee training through our online "Bedro University"
- We care about employee and customer relationships
- We love to acknowledge team work, work anniversaries, and excellent customer service through our employee recognition programs
- We value and practice social responsibility by donating materials to Habitat for Humanity's Restores, community giving, solar panels on multiple buildings, and human trafficking education for our truck drivers and procurement team
Bedrosians is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes, for the health of its employees, a Drug-Free Workplace philosophy. This job posting does not constitute an offer of employment and is not an employment contract. To be considered for this position please submit your application through our Careers page.
Benefits (for full-time employees only): If you are a full-time employee, you may be eligible for fringe benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and to participate in the Company's 401K retirement savings plan. Your eligibility for these fringe benefits are subject to any applicable waiting periods, pre-existing condition or eligibility limitations, and to the other terms and conditions of such plans. The Company reserves the right to change or eliminate these benefits on a prospective basis at any time. Health coverage, if applicable, will not begin until you have completed one full calendar month of employment. For example, if you begin working at the Company on May 1, 2017, your coverage could begin as early as June 1, 2017. However, if you begin working at the Company on May 16, 2017, the earliest your coverage could begin is July 1, 2017. The terms and conditions regarding health coverage are governed by our annual Benefits packet, which you will receive upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements.
Vacation and Sick Pay (for full-time employees only): You may be entitled to a maximum of ten (10) days of vacation per calendar year (accruing on a pro rata basis), to be scheduled at the mutual convenience of the Company and you, and subject to the terms of the Company's vacation policy, as in effect from time to time. Vacation pay will not begin accruing until you have completed your sixth full calendar month of full-time employment with the Company and worked a minimum of 960 hours (full-time basis). There is a cap on vacation accrual as explained in the Company's vacation policy in the employee handbook. You will be entitled to paid sick leave in an amount consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law and as explained in the Company's paid sick leave policy in the employee handbook.
Exempt employees will be entitled to paid Company holidays as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion. Non-exempt employees may begin receiving paid Company holidays after twelve (12) full months of employment as scheduled by the Company in its sole discretion.